We are seeking to engage a highly motivated and experienced qualified accountant to lead the finance function following a period of set up and growth.
This is a hands on, top-table strategy role, and you will have the assistance of a part-time finance assistant.
We are a small company and the post holder will be expected to contribute broadly across the business, particularly in identifying and delivering new commercial opportunities.
The role straddles financial and management accounting, and the post holder will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in being the chief financial advisor to the board, and in being a business partner to the leadership team and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that business processes, administration and financial management are as efficient as possible
- Assist the Chief Executive in the identification and delivery of business development opportunities
- Undertake and present the finance work associated with new services or products, ensuring that the associated commercial strategies (such as pricing) are appropriate
- Act as chief financial advisor to the board and the finance committee
- Act as business partner to company budget holders in the preparation and presentation of tailored financial management information
- Lead the maintenance of the accounting system (Quickbooks)
- Lead planning and forecasting activities with business partners to achieve business and company goals
- Prepare and present financial reports for the company’s finance committee and board
- Prepare and present financial forecasts by modelling scenarios
- Ensure legal compliance with respect to Insurance, Companies House and HMRC requirements
- Prepare revenue, expense, cash flow and balance sheet analysis as required
- Lead on the preparation of the annual budget
- Assist management to make better financial decisions to improve financial sustainability
- Provide the management and development of the financial assistant
- Review and process payments of creditors and employees (payroll is currently outsourced)
- Participate and, where appropriate, lead in the execution of changes to procedures, policies and systems to facilitate expansion, compliance and scaling of the business
- Prepare final accounts and lead the external audit
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns and the annual corporation tax return
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with auditors, solicitors and the bank
- Oversee the correct accounting for the relationship with HEP’s charitable arm, HEP Horizons
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
- The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Details and how to apply
Post title: Finance Manager
Location: Crouch End, N8. HEP is based at Hornsey School for Girls
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: c£50,000 per annum
A defined contribution pension scheme is available.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a comprehensive CV along with a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 setting out your interest in the role along with details of how you would deliver on the responsibilities of the role and how you meet the skills and experience required.
Contact James Page to discuss the role further on email@example.com
Completed applications should be sent to the same email address.
Closing date: 20th June 2022, noon
Interviews: 30th June 2022