Salary Scale: £20,988 – £21,312 per annum inc. (Scale 3 – Includes recent pay award)
Hours: 32½ hours per week x 39 weeks per year (Monday–Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm
(with ½ hour for lunch each day)
Full time preferable but part time may be considered.
Contract Term: Permanent or Fixed Term available
Start Date: January 2024 or as soon thereafter
Do you want to support our youngest children and their families to make a real, positive difference to their lives?
Hazelwood Schools are seeking to recruit an optimistic, enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our successful,
vibrant, diverse school, working initially in the EYFS (Nursery or Reception) or KS1. You will need to be a problem
solver who is able to work creatively in a variety of ways to help support children’s progress. The role is a flexible
one, which may see you supporting children with additional and high needs or working as a whole class TA.
We are a friendly, over-subscribed 3-form entry community school, with a large Nursery, that is creative, inclusive
and fully committed to achievement for all. As a member of staff at Hazelwood Schools, you will be part of an
incredible team of practitioners, all working towards the school vision of ‘nurturing responsible citizens to achieve
educational excellence by inspiring awe and wonder through a real, relevant, immersive and purposeful
curriculum’. We hope you will want to join us on our journey, which starts from the Early Years…
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent, imaginative part of the teaching team with the ability to ensure all children make
• Have a passion for learning and be happy to work in the ever-evolving EYFS and primary environment;
• Have a good working knowledge of the primary curriculum and SEND;
• Have demonstrated that they can develop and enhance learning opportunities and experience for children;
supporting their social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development;
• Have very good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work positively and flexibly;
• Have good knowledge of the needs of all children and how to support them;
• Have a commitment to safeguarding children;
• Be pre-emptive and pro-active;
• Be able to support and promote our vision and values
In return, we can offer:
• Enthusiastic, well behaved, friendly children with a love of learning;
• A strong and ambitious leadership team with a clear sense of strategic direction;
• Supportive, motivated colleagues with a “teamwork” ethic;
• A creative and inclusive school with a ‘can do’ ethos where success is recognised;
• An opportunity to be creative, innovate and take risks;
• Supportive parents and governors;
• Opportunities for training to further develop the role as appropriate
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 020 8886
3216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour with a member of the leadership team. Please
download the application pack from our website at www.hazelwoodschools.org.uk and return it by email.
Closing date: Tuesday 5th December at 12pm
Interview: 7th – 11th December
We may appoint before the closing date for this advertisement. Early application is advised.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will undergo full
DBS checks. Hazelwood Schools is an equal opportunities employer. All schools in Enfield are committed to
safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work in our schools is
expected to share this commitment. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert at any time.