All of our current vacancies are listed below:
Haringey Education Partnership is seeking a specialist experienced Religious Education Adviser/ Consultant
To ensure the Local Authority meets statutory requirements for the provision and teaching of Religious Education, we are looking for an Adviser/Consultant to:
- Support Haringey Standing Advisory Council in maintaining, developing and disseminating the Agreed Religious Education Syllabus for maintained schools.
- Our Syllabus is Awareness, Mystery, Value (AMV) and can be downloaded from http://www.awarenessmysteryvalue.org
Haringey has a well-established SACRE that meets four times a year. Between main SACRE business meetings, there are occasional meetings for working parties and projects that SACRE undertakes. The role is likely to require up to 10 days a year. Additional days for special strategic projects linked to HEP work can be negotiated as the need arises.
The Adviser should, through the administration of the full SACRE meetings,
- Liaise with the Chair to provide agendas and accessible information to ensure that all SACRE groups are well informed about national and local developments in Religion and Worldviews Education and can participate fully in meetings.
- Enable SACRE in its advice and monitoring role to further develop and maintain robust systems: for example:
through monitoring school websites; and using the school census returns to help inform and assist schools in self -evaluation and in review of their provision for good religious education, collective worship, SMSC and in other related areas where SACRE has a role.
- Maintain and further develop RE, Collective Worship, Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural education and British Values resources that are useful to schools in delivering their statutory responsibilities and ensuring that pupil entitlement for good religious education is met
- Link appropriately with national and local bodies to represent Haringey SACRE and HEP in providing good religious education and signposting schools to resources/mentoring that enable them and SACRE members to be evidence informed
- Maintain strategic links with Haringey Council and other partnerships that link to SACRE’s work, for example with Holocaust Memorial Committee, Prevent, School Governors, The Interfaith Council etc
- Ensure that SACRE work has a high profile, is disseminated effectively and creatively for example locally on the HEP website and nationally through professional associations.
- Summarise and write clearly the Annual SACRE report and ensure that it reaches the DFE, NASACRE, Haringey Schools and all concerned.
Provide support and training for Local Authority schools
- Assist in organising ongoing CPD in religious education that encourages and impacts the quality and skills of teachers in delivering the Agreed Syllabus for RE in maintained schools and for GCSE/A level RE
- Enhance or develop local RE networks or hubs that capture specialist enthusiasms, as well as develop the confidence /competence of non -specialists and promote these through Headteacher and other networks
- Assist in enabling schools to be aware of and prepared for ‘deep dive subject reviews, and be evidence informed
- Experience of working in Religion and Worldviews Education, of providing specialist advice and expertise to support SACRE and the Agreed Syllabus Conference.
- Understanding how to apply Religious Education, Collective Worship and SMSC strategically in all phases of education to support schools and teachers in subject discussions and effective CPD
- Experience of working with diversity within and across faith traditions and worldviews and equipping teachers and schools to deal sensitively and appropriately with controversial issues that arise
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including teachers, Headteachers, members of faith groups, members of the SACRE/ASC and HEP and LA officers
- Wide knowledge and understanding of the purpose, role and effectiveness of a SACRE and of national and regional initiatives that enhance its work
Ability to communicate clearly, inspire others, harness support for RE and write concisely
Experienced Applicants with Qualified Teacher Status are invited to send CV
A letter, no more than 2 pages detailing experience and ability to support Haringey SACRE
Two referees who can be contacted
The Adviser/ Consultant daily rate fees £400
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered and should arrive no later than 12.00 noon on Monday 28 October, interviews will take place the week beginning 4 November